Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Could you give me an example of misappropriation of funds that

Could you give me an example of misappropriation of funds that might stand up in court? I am a builder and this is one of the things I am being accused of. I don't know anybody in the construction trade that does not do this. I am not talking about transferring funds to myself. I am talking about what many people refer to "robbing Peter to pay Paul". I don't see how you can even prevent from doing it unless you kept a seperate checking account on each job. It is not unusual for me to have 5 or 6 projects going on at the same time.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Misappropriation here for example you receive deposit from one contract for materials to begin construction job and you use the funds for say remodeling your own house.I am sure there are other examples of such misappropriation that might be used.You are correct here that unless you are given specific funds for such a dedicated purpose then you are free to spend them how you choose.If you have follow up here please just ask.