INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

My husband and I purchased a used car (2006 trailblazer) When

Customer Question

My husband and I purchased a used car (2006 trailblazer) When he went to test drive it the engine light was on. The salesman said it was the oxygen sensor and the part was coming in the next day and would be replaced. My husband also noticed that the tires needed balanced and rotors needed replaced. The next day we went back and test drove it agian, we were told all the work was fixed, on Friday 9/24/10 we went to fill out the paperwork and were told all the problems had beenresolved.on saturday 9/25/10 the engine light came on agian (less than 24 hours)we called and no one would return our calls. On Monday we cancled the check we wrote for the down payment since we didn't want the car any more. We also noticed that the front rotors were just turned and painted and decided we just wanted our money back. The owner of the company woulnd't return our calls. We made it clearly known we would be brining the car back monday night. When we got there to drop it off theowner wasn't around and the salesman said it was in the owners hands and would be contacting us on tuesday. Here we are on Thursday and after MANY attempts to call them they will not return our calls and will not settle the problem.
The problem is we returned the car on Monday, we tried to cancle the loan through the bank; however we were told that the dealership had to be the ones to cancle it. The dealership has the car on their property and will not cancle the loan.What can we do to get this situation resolved? Will lemon law protect us? any reccomeendations as what we can do?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. You have a claim of breach of contract, fraud, unjust enrichment, misrepresentation and concealment of condition. You can pursue rescission on those theories by negotiation. It can also be pursued through the BBB and state attorney general office.

Other options include involving a consumer protection lawyer locally. see www.martindale.com

If need be, you may contest the charge on your credit card. Litigation is a final option as well.

Please click the ACCEPT button. (That is the only way I get credit for the answer, even if you have a subscription or put a deposit with Justanswer.com)

If I can clarify or add anything, please ask me by clicking REPLY before you click accept. I am here to answer and happy to do so.

A BONUS & POSITIVE FEEDBACK are very much appreciated, especially if I provided you with a lightning fast answer.

Although very rare, there may be a short delay between answers because I may be helping another customer or taking a break.

Take care,