MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

I have sub-leased out my 2007 Ford Mustang through a 3rd party

I have sub-leased out my 2007 Ford Mustang through a 3rd party company. That company is now out of business based on a BBB report I located online. The rep from that company stopped replying to my e-mails last week. The vehicle is due to be returned to ford in 1 month and I'm unable to contact the 3rd parties "user" of the vehicle. I know the name and address of the "user" but no phone number. I recently found out the 3rd party company has been making payments on my behalf 30 day's past the payment due date (4 times in the last 2 years). I'm trying to work with the company but if they simply stop responding to my requests to return the vehicle to me can I file charges or should I peruse legal action against the companies rep whom I've been working with over the last two years?
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, yes you should file legal action, for breach of contract, in any event. The damage to your credit alone is grounds for a suit.