JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

i went out to dinner with friends ,on the way to the parking

i went out to dinner with friends ,on the way to the parking lot i stepped into a holein the street which caused my knee to go out and i fell in the street .i didnt feel any pain at the time but as i got home i started feeling aa pain in my back and neck. wo is responsible for medical bills the business or the city?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your circumstances. If the injury occurred in the street, the business has no liability. The business is not responsible for the street.

As for the city, you may find it helpful to consult with a local personal injury attorney. The attorney may ask for photographs of the hole. In many instances, local governments are not responsible for such injuries because they enjoy "governmental immunity." Such determinations, however, can be very fact-specific and that's why you will find it helpful to first consult with a local personal injury attorney.

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!