Thanks for your question.You would need a local lawyer here to send demand letter to this person threatening defamation
suit.But then you may worsen the situation with the stores.But certainly you have the right to do so here and even file such suit if you can locate witnesses to these false statements to others.I am so sorry that these persons have treated you this way.
Lawyer Referral Information Service (LRIS)
- Have you been injured in an accident?
- Do you feel you've been fired from your job illegally?
- Were you involved in a crime?
- Is your landlord trying to evict you?
If you are having a problem like this, contact us. We will help you find a lawyer or agency that best matches your legal needs. Please be aware that we are a referral service, and we cannot give legal advice. We refer you to a lawyer who can help.
Contact us by phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNor (877) 9TEXBAR (Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m effective Sept. 1, 2010. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays. We also have phone services in Spanish.
Contact us online: To search for members of our referral service, use our new online service!
Our Service Area
Our LRIS program serves more than 240 counties in Texas. We assist more than 80,000 callers like you each year.
To help you find a lawyer, tell us the county where you need an attorney.
If our service does not cover the county you need, we will refer you to an LRIS program that can assist you.
Other Lawyer Referral Services in Texas: If we do not serve your county, we will refer you to a certified LRIS program that can help you.
Steps and Costs
1. Our LRIS staff will ask you three things:
· The county where you need the attorney
· Basic information about your legal problem
· Your name, mailing address, and telephone number
In order to receive a referral from our service, we must have your name and mailing address. This information is only shared with the attorney we refer you to. We do not sell, rent or share your information with anybody else.
2. Once we refer you to a lawyer, it is your responsibility to make the first call. When you make the call, let the lawyer know that you have been referred by the State Bar LRIS service.
3. Your lawyer will charge you an initial consultation fee for the first ½ hour of his or her time. This ½ hour fee will be no more than $20.
After that, additional charges should be determined by an agreement between you and your attorney.
Do not hesitate to discuss details about money! Make sure you understand completely what your lawyer will be charging you.
Tips and Resources
Be Prepared and Save Money: If you haven't already, read these quick tips to help you and your lawyer be successful.