Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can raffle tickets be mailed No. Federal law prohibits

Customer Question

Can raffle tickets be mailed?

No. Federal law prohibits sending, receiving, or paying for raffle tickets using the U.S. Postal System. Alternatives might include private mail firms (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)

I would like to know are the alternative methods of using private mail firms, UPS, FedEx, DHL are legal for mailing raffle tickets in Texas?

Also, is it required by law that the purchaser of the raffle ticket receive one part of the raffle ticket?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
What is your actual question, since it appears you already have the correct answers to the questions you have posed above?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Since federal law prohibits mailing raffle tickets through USPS, can we mail raffle tickets using private mail firms as UPS, FEDEX?

Also, is there a law requiring to give the purchaser one part of the raffle ticket?

thanks

Yes, you can use private carriers such as UPS or FedEx and there are no laws prohibiting that. There is no law requiring giving someone a portion of the ticket, but most all raffles do so as a receipt and proof they are the party entitled to the prize if they win.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much.
You are welcome.