Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Can you get a distilled spirits license in Georgia with 2

Can you get a distilled spirits license in Georgia with 2 DUI's?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
TexLawyer :

What county are you in?

JACUSTOMER-3phcju6g- : Lumpkin
TexLawyer :

After some research, I do not think having 2 DUIs will prevent a person from receiving a distilled spirits license. The statutes and regulations do not specifically forbid it. However, that may be one factor the board looks at when issuing the license, but it isn't a complete bar.

TexLawyer :

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please click "Accept." Good luck.

I am talking about state and local regulations.

I assume you are applying to sell distilled spirits. If you are referring to a license to manufacture spirits, let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
License to manufacture
I apologize. I assumed you were referring to a license to sell. Let me check and I will get back with you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you have an answer?
I have searched all over for an answer, but I can't find any regulations on point. As such, I am convinced that since there doesn't appear to be anything prohibiting it, your prior DWIs should not prevent you from getting the license. I wish I could cite to a particular statute or reg, but I can't find one. I hope that answers your question. If you think you will have better luck with another expert, let me know and I will opt out.