Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney

In the course of a heated phone call with a cell phone carrier

In the course of a heated phone call with a cell phone carrier about incorrect charges, they refused to provide me with any proof of the incurred charges. They told me I need to contact my lawyer about the issue to get the address to their compliance department, but then I verbally said, "I am a lawyer--tell me the address to your legal department". They proceeded to arrange a callback from such department.

I'd like to know if I broke any laws by doing this. The call may have been recorded. I live in FL (a two-party recording state) and the call took place over state lines. It was a call back from them and I was not told the call was being recorded. (If this makes a difference)
Chat Conversation Started
Steinlaw :

You probably are in some technical violation of practicing law without a license. But it is so technical of a violation that I wouldnt worry about it. You will be fine. Just let them know you arent an attorney when they call back.

Steinlaw :

Good luck!

JACUSTOMER-q4mho9sd- :

You really don't think it's a big deal?

Steinlaw :

JACUSTOMER-q4mho9sd- :

Should I answer the call at all and tell them that I meant to say so-and-so was a lawyer or not answer it at all?

Steinlaw :

Answer and it tell them that you told them you wanted the legal department for your attorney.

JACUSTOMER-q4mho9sd- :

Alright, thank you for your help.