GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.

does every page of a contract need to be signed or initialed

Customer Question

does every page of a contract need to be signed or initialed to be enforceable?
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

What kind of contract is it?

Is there a spot on each page to be initialed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is an employee agreement and no, there are no given places to initial the middle pages, but I believe my employer may have changed the middle pages.
oh, I see. Well there is no requirement that each page be initialed, typically that is done to prevent what you are seeing now and that is for someone to change the middle pages. As long as the signature page is signed it's held to be a legally executed document. If you feel pages have been changed, you should get a copy of the contract and dispute the changes now and try to get the original contract re-signed and initial each page.

I hope this helps. Please click "accept". I will be happy to still reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is also appreciated. If you want to request me for future questions, just put "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the question line. Thanks and best regards.