Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney

I dont know whether this is a legal question, but there is

I don't know whether this is a legal question, but there is no other "Just Answer" category that seems even close. My 24 year old son had a motor vehicle accident and the medical bills mounted up to about $20K. He recently dropped out of college, therefore lost his coverage on my insurance policy. He has not yet found a job (but has few bills, as he is living at home for the time being). His assets are a 25 year old car and about $2000 in savings. Is there any help out there for him, or is he on the hook for the entire amount? The hospital gave him a Medicaid application (Missouri) but I looked it over and at first glance it does not appear he meets any of the beneficiary categories.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Steinlaw :

What is your specific legal question?

Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
He should fill out the Medicaid form. The worst they can say is no. If he does not qualify, he is on the hook for the bills. He can probably file for bankruptcy and be protected.

If he did not cause the accident, he should hire a personal injury attorney. The other person's auto insurance should be covering this.

Good luck.