socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Hi Socrateaser, I am headed down the home stretch maybe starting

Customer Question

Hi Socrateaser,
I am headed down the home stretch maybe starting tomorror with a cilil litigator.We have a 15 page TRO priliminary injunction on the assets of the truast .If the Judge rules against we immeadiatly go to the appellate court.Lets say I lose again.

The trust is a contract.The c ontract my sisters have signed say after taxes and expenses pay out the principal to the benificiaries.This should have happened on 7/15/2008.So if they turn down the injunction can I force them to paay me 1/3rd.I might be wrong but I dont think the Judge can make it conditionally for signing off the trust as a plaintiff.There is nothing in the trust that says iof one of the triustees kis sued by a benificiary after my demise that they are allowed to hold off distribution of the trust
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.

You can't force the trustees to pay, unless you dismiss the case against the trust, so that the trustees know what to distribute to who.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.