How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 32903
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter has had a possession of heroine charge and missed

Customer Question

my daughter has had a possession of heroine charge and missed her court date ( totally accidental, no longer lives where the mail was sent), the sheriff went to her old home today to serve a warrant. I spoke to the sheriff via the phone and he suggest that she turn herself in tomorrow AM, that is our intent. My question is: what is the usual procedure for the court in 1st time offenders? What will I expect to happen tomorrow? She is now been clean and productive for over 60 days and we thought her past was in the past.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
In addition to the original charge she will now face a failure to appear charge. However, it is likely her lawyer can get that dropped if she turns herself in. If you don't have a lawyer involved the bond will be a lot higher this time though.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.