Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I WAS DENIED MY SOCIAL SECURITY THROUGH THE ADMINISTRATION

I WAS DENIED MY SOCIAL SECURITY THROUGH THE ADMINISTRATION LAW JUDGE..................IN THE PAPER THEY SENT IT SAYS I HAVE TIL 12-31-12 THEN MY CREDITS RUN OUT DOES THIS APPY EVEN THOUGH I AM GOING THROUGH THE APPEALS COUNCIL NOW
Expert:  Ray replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You have right here to ask council to extend benefits here.If you loose they may seek repayment of these benefits.Here is reference

Appeals Council

If you disagree with the hearing decision, you may ask for a review by Social Security’s Appeals Council. We will be glad to help you ask for this review.

The Appeals Council looks at all requests for review, but it may deny a request if it believes the hearing decision was correct. If the Appeals Council decides to review your case, it will either decide your case itself or return it to an administrative law judge for further review.

If the Appeals Council denies your request for review, we will send you a ­letter explaining the denial. If the Appeals Council reviews your case and makes a decision itself, we will send you a copy of the decision. If the Appeals Council returns your case to an administrative law judge, we will send you a letter and a copy of the order.

Federal Court

If you disagree with the Appeals Council’s decision or if the Appeals Council decides not to review your case, you may file a ­lawsuit in a federal district court. The letter we send you about the Appeals Council’s action also will tell you how to ask a court to look at your case.

[Top]

Will my benefits continue?

In some cases, you may ask us to ­continue paying your benefits while we make a decision on your appeal. You can ask for your benefits to continue when:

• You are appealing our decision that you can no longer get Social Security ­disability benefits because your medical condition is not disabling; or
  • You are appealing our decision that you are no longer eligible for SSI payments or that your SSI payment should be reduced or suspended.

If you want your benefits to continue, you must tell us within 10 days of the date you receive our letter. If your appeal is turned down, you may have to pay back any money you were not eligible to receive.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
NO...............MY QUESTION IS THE LETTER I RECEIVED THRROUGH THE ADMINISTRATIVE JUDGE......................SAID I HAVE TIL 12-31-2012 THEN MY QUARTERS WILL RUN OUT.................DO THEY RUN OUT EVEN THOUGH I AM GOING TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF APPEAL????????????? AND IT MAY TAKE LONGER THEN BEFORE 12-2012?
Expert:  Ray replied 3 years ago.
If you write and ask for extension of benefits they may well extend them past this date.If you loose appeal you may owe money back to this date.It's your choice here about whether to assume the risk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SO AFTER I GO THROUGH THE APPEALS COUCIL, THEN POSSIBLY FEDERAL COURT I WILL STILL BE ELIGIBLE IF THIS PROCESS TAKES LONGER THEN 12-2012?

Expert:  Ray replied 3 years ago.
Yes if you prevail your benefits woudl continue and not be denied.You would stay on program here.I hope it works out for you here.
Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law