Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

What can we do as buyers to speed up Short Sale deal and still

What can we do as buyers to speed up Short Sale deal and still close in time to receive the tax credit?
Expert:  Ray replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Short sales can be truly frustrating.All you can do is persistently bug the realtor and lender to close the matter.The lender needs to know that the closing credit here is critical to you because you stand ot loose money if it doesn't timely close.Be persistent and keep bugging everybody.The squeaky wheel principle here don't let them blow you off , keep calling.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We've been careful not to be pushy since at the inception of all of this, we were told by the realtor that showed us the property that they (she and the listing agent) were confident because the listing agent had closed a deal and knew the Short Sale team. Mind you, this offer was submitted on April 7, seller signed off and listing agent submitted it along with the SS package to the bank (Sun Trust). There has been apparent apathy on the listing agent's end of it. Unreturned calls/e-mails to the realtor working with us or answering after much time passing. Everytime we have pushed, we receive word of a stall out in the process. We haven't even received a yes or no, counter or acceptance from the bank. There are still other hurdles and I don't think we'll make it now. My thought is that we obtain a lawyer that will dig in and not stop until someone comes forth with an answer. I'm not sure what the legislation that passed to push these transactions through has accomplished for others, but for us, it has been abominable. Should we get an attorney, invest that fee portion to at least have a chance to salvage about $4,000 of the $6,500 my fiance is eligible for being a long time homeowner?

Expert:  Ray replied 3 years ago.
I think that this is the only way you may get some recovery of funds.They don't seem to be looking out for your interests and you need to .I'm sorry that they have drug you through all of this.
Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law