Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

What are the lemon law requirements if you purchase vehicle

What are the lemon law requirements if you purchase vehicle @ lien sale

Thanks for your question.The California lemon law applies to new vehicles.only.Unless the used vehicle came with some kind of written warranty here the law won't protect you here in California.Sorry the law won't warranty or protect used car purchase from lien sale.Its considered an as is sale for used vehicle here in California.I wish I could tell you differently.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is the tow yard required to let you know vehicle is a lemon law buyback?before you bid
I would argue that its misrepresentation here not to give you such information.I woudl argue to void the sale.You might file here in small claims to try and get all of it back or at least diminished value if you want the car.Certainly you could try here for judgment for all.