Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Hi, Im Not married but I have two daughters. Ive been living

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Not married but I have two daughters. I've been living together with there mom for more than ten years. We no longer can keep living together, we have a house under both names ? I want to stay with the house and debts I know she can't afford to pay I'm offering her half of the value of the house which is 60,000 what are my rights. And how much shoal I offer her for child support, last year I reported 40,000 and she reported 16,000 we are no longer working we were living from the equity line of the house the last two year I will appreciate an advise.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
The property settlement is fair in giving her 1/2, but as far as child support you are going to have to at least be close to the FL statutory child support guidelines. Follow the formula listed at http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/childsupport/pdf/poz8.pdf and you need to use your monthly income and her monthly income and then look at the table to determine the monthly support amount and take the percentage of that amount that your salary is of the total monthly income and as long as you are close to that amount in your agreement if she tries to go to court later they will at least approve your agreement. Any agreement you make should be in writing and signed and notarized.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.