MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

if i have remotely monitored my familys computer and have

if i have remotely monitored my family's computer and have obtained information that might be viewed as evidence in family court relating to child custody and child abuse, can it be admissable and is it possible that i could be charged with a crime?
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, what do you mean by remotely monitored? Also, do you own the computer? Did you access any password XXXXX sites (e.g. email)?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is not my computer, there is software that was installed on my brother's computer that gave me access, and it is without his knowledge
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a federal crime. Specifically, you have violated 18 U.S.C. 1030.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

is there some precedent, 633.5, that makes information that might otherwise be viewed as illegally obtained admissable because of the content being related to a crime? and the person obtaining the information has no benefit other than evidence relevant to the crime?

Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
What evidence of child abuse do you have?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
first, let me make clear that i am asking on behalf of a friend (sister of the Father, to remain anonymous). The story is very long, but the Father in question is currently under a restraining order due to domestice violence and suspicion of child molestation. The info accessed by my friend from the Father's computer is evidence that the Father is telling his sons to run away, telling them to meet him so they can leave to Mexico, threatening consequences if they don't comply, threats of violence to them and to the mother having is a very long and sad story that i have only heard the tip of the iceberg of the history. My friend is afraid to come forward because of possible criminal charges that may be filed against her, and afraid not to because of the safety of her nephews.
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX should strongly consider presenting the information anonymously to the district attorney. That way she would not be subject to criminal prosecution if the information is not considered incriminating, but still would be presented to the prosecutor for consideration.