Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can a non profit corporation gift real estate to an indivi

Can a non profit corporation gift real estate to an individual
No, the non-profit can only dispose of its property or funds by gift to the charitable purpose for which it was formed, not to individuals that are not part of the purpose of the non-profit. They can sell property off but the proceeds must be used for their charitable or non-profit stated purpose.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p> We live in a mobil home park for seniors.  Park is attemping to evict us because of our disabled son who is disliked by a neighbor.  The accusations are false and inflammatory.  He has a brain injury and is being discriminated against violating his </p><p>civil rights.  Not only that but slanderous and vicous lies have been circulated about him and us. They offered us 80,000 to leave but we would not bbe able to replace our home or buy another after legal fees etc.  We have no credit and we are in our </p><p>seventies and our son is very disabled. We don't want to live in another mobil home </p><p>park after such a traumatic experience here. We want to live in our own home with </p><p>space around us. The park doesn't want to be seen giving out a lot of money to anyone.  They offered to buy a house and rent it to us.  I am uncomfortable.  I have </p><p>trust issues since they asked us to help them against these people and then they </p><p>turned on us after we did help them giving them all the information we had. </p>
This is NOT an issue of a non-profit gifting property. This is an issue of a non-profit seeking to actually buy property (your mobile home) which is allowed. However, if the park is violating his civil rights as you say, then you should have a real estate or civil rights attorney representing your son in a suit against the park. As far as their offer to buy a house and renting it to you, I would be very cautious, but depending on how well the lease is worded to protect your stay in that house, this would not be a bad thing if they buy you out with the $80,000.