MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced attorney in contract law, litigation and employment law

I will try to make this as short as possible, I was hurt on

Customer Question

I will try to make this as short as possible, I was hurt on my job while doing a department training class. Doing the week prior at which time I was place on sick leave for (Industrial Accident) before I went home I went and vested the personal office and fill out the paper work, and while I was there the personal person ask me how do I want to handle this?. I stated that I wanted to draw my sick time. And I made that clear before I left her office. That way the only moneys that I would be receiving would be my sick pay .I was out of work for six’s week and in that time the person from the workmen’s compensation call me at home and ask me what happen on the job? I gave her a full description as to what happen and in conclusion, I stated that I was receiving my sick pay. At that time ,she ask “and how much was that”?. My reply was 40 hours a week. At this time she ask me do your job know this? My reply was yes, they are the ones who set it up. And after all of that I was still getting the insurance checks sent to my home address with my home address and name on them. So I cashed the checks. And about three weeks before the time in which I was to return to work I get this phone call from work. Telling me not to cash the checks. I was terminated from the job because I cash the check. And did not returned the moneys in the time in which they want the money returned.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 6 years ago.
What is your question, please?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DID I BREAKE THE LAW GENERAL LAW CHAPTER151A 25(e)(2)? because from where I stand the job know that I did not want the insurance checks from the starte. In other words did I do anything wron on my part?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 6 years ago.
If you were getting paid by your employer and also receiving money from workman's comp at the same time, then yes, that would be considered illegal. The attorney you spoke to was correct. That is known as double dipping and is not allowed.