Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law

Will was made w/an attorney in Florida. One of the two remained

Will was made w/an attorney in Florida. One of the two remained heirs destroyed the will. Is there anyway of finding the origianal created with an attorney in Florida?
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

I'm a Florida attorney and I can tell you from experience that wills are lost, damaged and destroyed all the time. Hopefully, you know the attorney that prepared the document. If so, you simply need to contact the attorney and obtain a copy. Our Bar rules require us to keep copies so he will most certainly have it available. Before you ask, yes, a copy is as good as the original in this situation.

If you don't know the attorney, hopefully you at least know the general location where it was drafted. If so, have an ad placed in the journal for the local Bar association. This is done all the time and with great success. The reason, I'm sure, is that these ads are run on a frequent basis and attorneys look for them to help heirs in just these situations.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.