Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I co-signed a revolving account with my cousin for one certain

I co-signed a revolving account with my cousin for one certain item. He recently died. He lived in Ok. and I live in Ga. He never missed a payment and was always on time. In fact, he usually paid more than the required amount due. The interest rate is a whopping 25.99%. In this situation, am I absolutely required to keep making the payments? Is there a way out of this? I cannot afford it. I only agreed because I knew he would not let me down on this account. Neither one of us expected his death would intervene.
Is there any help for me?
[email protected]

Good evening. With regard to the lender, you are still obligated, but you can make a claim against his estate for any and all amounts owed, because it is the deceased who is the primary obligor.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.