MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

Hi,I have a case agaist a casino in Las Vegas. I need to

I have a case agaist a casino in Las Vegas. I need to have one to help me with a case I am going to have a hearing with The Gaming Control Board. I need help! I have sent information on why I feel the investagator was wrong. They say they don't have a slot machine like the one I was playing when I hit the jackpot. The investagator changes he's slot machine in two of the paragrahps in the investagation report and I told them this and other he said the casino didn't have a slot machine like the one I won on. The manager came over and stuck his keys in the machine twice and then told the other man to put an out of order on it..Told me I didn't win cause the machine malfuctioned and I told him I won and it didn't malfuction until after I won the jackpotat that point the manager gave me 20.00 now its my word agaist the casino manager and the invesagator. I have a hearing coming up with the hearing officer at the Gaming Control board.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, what legal question can I answer for you regarding the upcoming hearing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to know what I can do to make sure the legal department at the casino doesn't ask me a lot of legal questions I can't answer. They already are saying the slot machine can not be found? I don't know what to tell them I don't know the name of the slot machine. I need ot know how to tell them. I did try to look at the casino online. No luck finding it. also I feel the hearing officer will not be fair to me how can I prove my case?
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX do you have to support your claim?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing really, just that I had a players card in the machine next to it. Waiting on getting more information from the investagator findings.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Were there any witnesses? If so, are you able to get any statements from them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
none other than my husband My husband walk up on all the happenings and i told him what was going on so he saw the whole thing other than him none
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
ok, you can probably imagine that your case need some evidence to support your claim. Fortunately, casinos record everything via surveillance video, the video should capture your winning. You would need to reference and request the production of the video from your winning.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They are saying that i didn't win. The casino lawyer said that they don't keep the video's that long. I asked for the surveillance video and the lawyers said it was gone. I asked how long they keep them and he said not over a week..I contacted the Gaming controll board three days after it happened and the investagator didn't ask for it so its gone..????
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
I see, and the casino disputes that you won? Or are they acknowledging that the machine went off indicating a win, but claiming that the win was in error?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Right they are saying that i didn't win........They are saying that they don't have the slot that I am saying I won on. I told them that I want to see the machines that went out of service for that day and they won't show me that either...
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX in a difficult position. Do you recall how much you won?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it was a progessive at the top it say 1.254 million the light was flashing. Thats why the manager had to stick his keys in it twice to reset it..???
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
ok, did the casino offer any settlement aside from the $20?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no..I am having a hearing with the Gaming Comm soon. The casino lawyer said he would be there with the manager to say that they don't have that slot machine.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
ok, consider attempting to settle the case for a reasonable sum. As it stands, without more evidence, your case is not very strong.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks..I guess I will just have the hearing and see how it comes outs
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Yes, good luck. Please remember to click ACCEPT.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.