Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

Does Multnomah County, Oregon law supercede Condominium Rules

Does Multnomah County, Oregon law supercede Condominium Rules and Regs if the two are in disagreement?
Hello and thank you for your question. what is the nature of the conflict and rule?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Two Conflicts

1.) Poison is being set out tonight to kill the stray animals on the grounds of the condominium complex I live in. It is not legal in Oregon or Multnomah County to poison animals. They are doing it anyway.

2.) Residents are being (selectively) challenged about the number of pets they have. Condo Rules say two - Multnomah County says more. These are indoor-only animals and are not cousing any problems to any other residents.

The state law controls. If it is being violated, consider a police complaint and also suing to enjoin them from doing so as your 2 primary remedies.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please remember that I only get credit when you ACCEPT an answer so please click the "ACCEPT" icon. (even if you put a deposit or have a subscription) "BONUSES" and "POSITIVE FEEDBACK" are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. After you accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. If I can clarify anything at anytime, please press REPLY.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

In regard to the second conflict, I wished to know if MULTNOMAH COUNTY, Oregon law superceded Condo Rules.

If the county law permits more, and often county law is outright silent on this issue, the county law would trump the condo rule.