C.Fortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted NYS Bar, member ABA, NYSBA, NYCBA, QCBA, Licensed Real Estate Broker

Under the parole evidence rule, which of the following types

Customer Question

Under the parole evidence rule, which of the following types of evidence may be used to vary or contradict the written agreement?

A. prior oral or written assignments
B. contemporaneous oral or written agreements
C. subsequent oral or written agreements modifying the original agreement
D. A and B only

Courts will enforce contracts for the benefit of all but which of the following?

A. donee beneficiaries
B. creditor beneficiaries
C. incidental beneficaries
D. intended beneficiaries
Expert:  C.Fortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi Customer,

How much information, if any, in addition to the letter answer, to you need for this question?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just need the answer letters, and a short explanation of why those are the correct answers.

Thank you so much,

Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

The JustAnswer experts in the Legal category work very hard to satisfy each and every customer. I noticed that today you asked 4 questions besides this one, received correct answers from the experts, yet you rejected the answers for your question No. 1 and No. 2, and have not accepted the answers provided to you for No. 3 and No. 4.

Is there something I can do to assure your satisfaction in answering this, your 5th question ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.

The answer to #1 is D, because extrinsic (parole) evidence can be only be used to help interpret a contract. Extrinsic evidence that occurs before or during a contract's execution can shed light on the terms of the contract, but extrinsic evidence that occurred after a contract is executed cannot help to interpret that contract.

The answer to #2 is C, because an incidental beneficiary is one for whom a benefit was not intended. If the parties to a contract did not intend a benefit, the benefit cannot be enforced.