legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas

I have been scammed by 5 different timeshare marketing companies

Customer Question

I have been scammed by 5 different timeshare marketing companies totalling over $8K. What recourse do I have to reclaim my funds? Please advise
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
legaleagle :

You can sue them each for the amount that they defrauded you out of. Also report them to the local criminal authorities to see if criminal charges can be brought.

JACUSTOMER-259juitl- :

You have to be kidding. Of course I can sue them, but I would need to know how. I would like to get my money back paid via PayPal. Please confirm my refund. Thank you.

legaleagle :

To sue you find their offical address, file a petition with the court and send them a copy of the petition, then you get a hearing date and put on evidence.

JACUSTOMER-259juitl- :

Most of the companies are either out of business, cannot be reached by phone or are no longer located at the address they provided. What do I do then? How do I know which court to file, and where do I get a petition to fill out? Is there a charge for me to do this? Also, do I have to appear in court? All the companies are located in Florida and I am in NY. Please advise.