GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
46665915

if my son was born in usa can i get the green card

Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers. How old is your son? How and when did you enter the U.S.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
he is one month old. i enter the u.s. 8 months ago.
did you enter with a visa or without a visa?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes with visa f1 and i have 4 years in my visa to expire.i'm a student
Ok, well that's good. Unfortunately, your son being born here doesn't get you any status. he cannot file anything for you until he is 21 years old. However, you have 4 years and if when you finish school you find an employer to sponsor you for a job then you get get a green card through employment or if you get married to a U.S. Citizen then you can get a green card through marriage, but at least you are in status and have many options from here...just not through your son at this moment. I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. If you want to request me in the future type "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and if I am not online I will answer asap. Thanks and best regards.