INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I need to get out of a contract with Ideal Image. Is there

I need to get out of a contract with Ideal Image. Is there any way to do this? It's for laser hair removal; however, I just found out that I have ovarian cysts and cannot afford the treatment for hair removal at this time--is there anything that I or a lawyer can do? I have not had one treatment and I have not paid anything at this time.
Hello and thank you for your question. This is a difficult case. Generally there are limited ways to get out of a contract where there is no cancellation clause.
1. offering to pay a penalty to be released
2. if they misled you somehow about the service, you can use that as leverage to rescind
3. asking to be released due to inability to pay. They may not want to pursue an uncollectable claim and consent

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please remember that I only get credit when you ACCEPT an answer so please click the "ACCEPT" icon. "BONUSES" and "POSITIVE FEEDBACK" are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

After you accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. If I can clarify anything at anytime, please press REPLY.

The the law does not always support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question.

Although rare, there may be a brief delay between answers because I may be researching something for you or helping another customer.

If you need me in the future, you can reach me anytime through my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=11313492&FID=7 or beginning your question "FOR INFOLAWYER"