GoLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with eight years of experience in business law and landlord-tenant law.

What are the limits on wage garnishment in Oklahoma How much

What are the limits on wage garnishment in Oklahoma? How much can be garnished and for how long?
Expert:  GoLaw replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please keep in mind that this is a public forum and information posted here is not confidential.

The State of Oklahoma allows a judgment creditor to garnish the wages of a judgment debtor in one of two ways: a non-continuing garnishment, which applies to only one pay period, or a continuing wage garnishment, which lasts for 180 days. Generally, a judgment credit may only garnish up to 25% of a judgment debtor's wages. However, if the judgment debtor establishes hardship, the amount that the judgment creditor may garnish is reduced.

The applicable statute is 12 O.S. 1171. You can view the statute here:

I hope you found my answer helpful. Please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Please use the REPLY button to ask follow up questions.

This response is based upon the information provided in your question. If there is additional relevant information or you believe that I may have misunderstood or misread your question, please REPLY and let me know. I want to make certain that you receive as accurate information as possible. Thank you.