Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM A CRS WHO TOLD MY DAUGHTER THAT THEY

Customer Question

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM A CRS WHO TOLD MY DAUGHTER THAT THEY ARE FROM THE GENERAL ATTORNEY OFFICE AND I WOULD GO TO JAIL . WHEN I CALL THE GENERAL ATTORNEY OFFICE THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, SO I CALLED THE TOLL FREE NUMBER THEY REFUSED TO TELL ME WHO THEY ARE AND KEPT ASKING FOR MY CASE NUMBER XXXXX LEFT A MESSAGE WITH MY BOSS AND TOLD THEM THAT I WAS GETTING READY TO BE ARRESTED. WHAT DO I DO IF THEY WON'T TELL ME WHO THEY ARE
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
Do you know what this is about? Is this for child support or some other debt you owe?

Do you know what CRS stands for or are they CRS Financial Services?

Thanks

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is also limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THEY ARE REFUSING TO TELL ME WHO THEY ARE , I DO NOT OWE CHILD SUPPORT MY CHILDREN ARE GROWN. I DON' T RECALL OWING ANY AGENCY .
Thank you for your reply.

Based on the information you have provided, this company appears to be a scam. First, you never go to jail if you did owe money. You can go to jail if you failed to pay child support but only if a Judge issued a warrant and only after you got notice of a court hearing. But since you don't owe child support this would not apply to your case. Second, the Attorney General's office would not call you unless you owe child support or you run a business and they are investigating you for unfair business practices.

If you wish to find out if there is an arrest warrant, you can contact your local law enforcement for that information. Again without court order or evidence you committed a crime, no one can arrest you.

As to your rights: You can file a report with your local law enforcement and the consumer protection agency of the State of Arizona. They can trace the number to identity these people. They can get into trouble for trying to impersonate a government agency.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.