Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I am doing my own divorce in California (i.e., in pro per).

I am doing my own divorce in California (i.e., in pro per). My soon to be ex has an attorney, who drafted the last Findings and Orders after Hearing (06-07-2010), and sent me a copy with proof of service by mail. In the finding, the order is for "Father shall have visitation with the minor children each Monday from 2:00 p.m. unti lThursday at 12:00 p.m." I just received an email from my ex stating, the judge "lined out the Thursday and put her initials on the side and changed it to Wednesday", and she says this is called "delineation" and I will be in "non-compliance with the visitation orders" if I dont' have the children to her next Wednesday. If I didn't receive any stamped orders with this "delineation" from the court (the hearing was June 7) as she indicates, will I be in violation?
Thanks for your question.Check the court file here.You need only comply with orders as written.If the ones in the file have no such delineation here then you are not in violation.Look to what court has in file and you may need to return to court here to straighten this matter out long term.If the court has made changes they shoudl be reflected here in the court's file and final orders.

Edited by RayAnswers on 8/1/2010 at 10:47 AM EST