Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.

I got a CA Dl after moving here from MA in Sep 07. InNov 08

I got a CA Dl after moving here from MA in Sep 07. InNov 08 I was stopped for illegal lane change when I learned that my DL in MA was suspended for not fulfilling a property damage case from an accident in 2004. I have tried to get info from MA DMV who asked me to contact a Premier Ins. But they are not able to find any details. Presently CA has cancelled my DL and therefore my Drivers Ins will not be renewed. pls advice.
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Dear jacustomer,

Thank you for your question and I look forward to working on your answer. Also, it is important to know that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know, unless you describe it fully. Also, because you are at this site, you are asking me the question because you want the legal facts, as I see them, even if unfavorable to your situation from a legal perspective. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if I ask a redundant question.

That being said, if you would like me to work on an answer for you, and in order to better assist you, could you please clarify for me, in numbered answers if I ask more than one question:

1. Have you ordered your driver's abstract from MA yet?

I look forward to getting to work on this for you. Hang in there!

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

Please note: I do not provide legal advice, only legal information; I do not legally represent any JA members, visitors or customers. We do not and will not enjoy an attorney/client relationship. Further communication with me here is an acceptance of this and any information provided by me is with the understanding that you comprehend this and agree.

At times there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. In addition, if it is late at night, EST, and we are between postings, I may go get some shut eye, but I'll be back the next day, so never fear.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you mean drivers history, I have not asked for it. I am not sure what this would do. I was never in an accident or never got any tickets while in MA.

Thanks, Manisha

Apparently you were in an accident and did not have auto insurance, so it is very possible that you have a 'driving without insurance' on your abstract. Might be worth knowing. But in any event, check also your credit reports, if you haven't in a few years, to see if there is a court judgment against you for property damage OR a delinquent debt due Premier. That will tell you what the court is, in which case you can then contact the court and get the case information. That may provide you with information that may assist Premier Ins. in locating this matter. It is strange that they can not.

One other thought: Ask Premier to respond in writing if You, drivers License # XXXXX have an outstanding property damage debt, because the DMV is showing same, but you are wholley unaware of any such debt. Send it to them certified r.r.r. Give them 2 weeks, resend it and indicate that you will be seeking a court order and or DMV correction of this matter, if Premier can not confirm any such debt. And that is exactly what I would do. I may start with DMV, request a hearing, and present written position, along with all evidence supporting LACK of any such debt - including any lack of response by Premier, you conversation with them that they know of now such debt, and the fact that there is no judgment or deliquent debt noted against you.

You will have to get the MA matter resolved before CA will reinstate your license, in all likelihood, which is why I'd start there.

Good luck.

Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. If you need more detail, please click Reply, not ReList and I will gladly respond. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.

Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.