Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a New 2010 Malibu LTZ purchased 4/14 had less than three

Customer Question

WHY WE ARE SEEKING LEGAL REPRESENTATION FOR CIVIL ACTION AGAINST
LITHIA CHEVROLET REDDING FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE
WHILE PREFORMING SERVICES ON OUR VEHICLE

To whom it may concern:

Re:Engine Performance problems
2010 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Automatic/Manual 7 miles

July 12th apology letter clearly states car was full. Service Invoice for July 12th which w/note at bottom clearly states that no oil was drained, but 3 Quarts were added.   This meaning that either they were untruthful and it was not full when it came in. Which seems most likely with the amount of oil that had came out of the car. OR They truly overfilled the engine oil by 3 quarts or more.   However it be the cars performance now has been a direct result of the services Lithia had provided. This now excluding the warranty because it was not due to manufacture issue/defect.   I do realize that GM is working with me diligently to solve the problem. I believe that they will take care of the car, but only replacing the engine and hold Lithia responsible for expense of all the work. I would like though to hold Lithia responsible for all of our inconveniences through out this ordeal and wish to get a new vehicle. Which I believe is only fair in this situation.   

?
Lithia Chevrolet Redding told us that this was not overheating, overheating is when it hits the red. Explaining why we had our car towed to another Dealership Helser Chevrolet Red Bluff.   

Although I could not put all the details in here.   I have very good documentation of all the events that have taken place regarding this matter. I have been documenting everything since 7/13 and I believe I have a good case.   I have a New 2010 Malibu LTZ purchased 4/14 had less than three month and on second oil chnge 6/29 something happened.   just to know before reading on 7/22 Helser Chevy. found my 3.6LV6 only held 4.5 quarts of oil.       

Lithia Chevy Redding on oil change 6/29 provide 5 after this engine heated up a few times and smelt hot took back 11/2weeks later 7/10 they said it was designed to run that way we argued over & over it had never left 3/8 on the temp gauge and they could not explain smell. Left with the car. On 7/11 oil poured out in the parking lot took it back them 7/12 they said they had not put the filter on tight but at the same time oil filter was being replaced service manage expressed they found oil on it on 7/10 and just wiped off.(would you not check tightness??)Anyway they provided me with a letter stating I should not worry the car remained full on dipstick when I came back it never went under full and they replaced filter cleaned mess and yes why have no idea added "3 more quarts of oil!!!!" although it remained full I went back to make sure I was not mistaken 24th and asked if they had drained any oil out while replacing the filter they nope just cleaned the oil off the bottom. WOW!! So assuming my car was reading full (clearly stated on apology letter)
w/4.5 quarts they add 3 more so I leave w/7.5 quarts in my engine that max capacity per manual is 5.5 quarts but clearly mine only hold 4.5 Per Helser Chevrolet. Most mechanics think that the car actually ran low on oil they are just covering it up.   Then when they fixed filter truly just filled oil correctly and damage was already done. Explaining why when I left there on the 7/12 I made it 7 miles check engine light comes on turned around went back they told me absolutely unrelated but it was you Co2 sensor which can be very related with over filled oil. Had to order part got car back on 7/15. Next 7/16 11:45 overheated towed back to Lithia would not authorize work so we were refused rental they stored car went back 7/19 to speak with GM and Service Manager very heated would not recognize they overfilled car and something happened. Nor acknowledge overheating. Towed car to closest covey dealer for more help they cant find any code car will not go up hills we need to drive up without heating up well above half. they continue to make me drive I know all the heat is causing damage I have recorded all the hill and the temp gauges and they still wont help. Had to go to doctor so stressed much better with good meds my husband requires the vehicle for personal & his business to transport(handicap adults) his other vehicle just broke down. I have missed work self employed to deal with it all we just need to rap this up quick I have great documentation and wish to get vehicle replaced and all expenses towing (rental fees) substantial for wear and tear on family members borrowed vehicle, Stress (doctor bills have no insurance) and job losses many canceled appointments. Great documentation of it all and have went to GM district level and BBB. Looking for simi-local attorney now.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to require an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
4. the question price you selected is too low for the complexity of the question

Please feel free to re-word your question or increase the price if you feel that may be the reason. Of course you are not required to increase the price. :)

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,

Fran
JustAnswer Moderator

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help. WHY WE ARE SEEKING LEGAL REPRESENTATION FOR CIVIL ACTION AGAINST LITHIA CHEVROLET REDDING FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE WHILE PREFORMING SERVICES ON OUR VEHICLE To whom it may concern: Engine Performance problems 2010 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Automatic/Manual 7 miles July 12th apology letter clearly states car was full. Service Invoice for July 12th which w/note at bottom clearly states that no oil was drained, but 3 Quarts were added. This meaning that either they were untruthful and it was not full when it came in. Which seems most likely with the amount of oil that had came out of the car. OR They truly overfilled the engine oil by 3 quarts or more. However it be the cars performance now has been a direct result of the services Lithia had provided. This now excluding the warranty because it was not due to manufacture issue/defect. I do realize that GM is working with me diligently to solve the problem. I believe that they will take care of the car, but only replacing the engine and hold Lithia responsible for expense of all the work. I would like though to hold Lithia responsible for all of our inconveniences through out this ordeal and wish to get a new vehicle. Which I believe is only fair in this situation. ? Lithia Chevrolet Redding told us that this was not overheating, overheating is when it hits the red. Explaining why we had our car towed to another Dealership Helser Chevrolet Red Bluff. Although I could not put all the details in here. I have very good documentation of all the events that have taken place regarding this matter. I have been documenting everything since 7/13 and I believe I have a good case.