Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

I signed up for a free trial website 1 year ago. Free trial

I signed up for a free trial website 1 year ago. Free trial is up, I used it for a few days, didn't like service and forgot about it. A year later I notice an e-mail that they are going to bill my credit card $200 plus dollars effective 7-1-10. I called and was told when I signed up for the free trial I agreed to pay a yearly fee when free trial was up. I know I was in error for not canceling the service. I did however call the day the billing was to start (7-01) and explained the situation and they refused to credit my account even though I haven't used the service and don't want it. I told them I would call my credit card company if they won't credit my account and they said go ahead. Credit card company credited my account but today I get e-mail stating I still owe the money, plus an additional $25.00 for the charge back from credit card company and is due immediately. Do I have any recourse. I have excellent credit, think I have to pay but don't think it is right
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

If the credit card comp\\any credited your account with the amount that the website had charged you, that would mean that they had looked into the matter and the wesite cannot charge you anything further. ||Therefore, I would suggest that you write to the website and tell them that this money is not due to them, you do not intend to p\ay and they cannot charge you anything further because your credit card company has investigated their clam and they cannot charge you anything further.

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

BONUS is always appreciated

That is the only way I get paid

Kindest Regards,