Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I was watching Local TV regarding the legislative problems

Customer Question

I was watching Local TV regarding the legislative problems we are having with Medications. I am on disability and have been going thru cancer help and help with the pain I have had for many years since. Lately, the medication/insurance has cut off a lot of the medications that help my pain. I have asked about the possibility of having another surgery, but they said it won't releive the pain at all, in fact may make it worse. There is one medication that has helped me in the past called Actiq (fentenyl citrate, 800mg) in the form of a lollipop. Unfortunately, since the medication in on the expensive side, they will not renew the prescription. I am willing to pay the 20 percent (around $350.00) in order to get it. They said that since my cancer is not as serious as it used to be, they will not renew it.
There are many people out there with the same problems with their medications. Taken as prescribed the medication works very well. I assume since there are too many people taking, stealing, etc. the medications, it has made those who are legitimate, suffer.
Is there anything our government can do to help those who are seriously in need of keeping their pain under control with medication?
We are in dire need of help. Our quality of life has suffered severly. Please help guide us. Being in constant pain has ruined many lives.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

The only course of action which is available is to write and call your United States Senators and Congressmen and you State representatives. It would help if you wrote this in the form of a Petition and have all the other people you know sign it and send it to them because many voices are louder than one. It should not have to be this way, but, unfortunately, it is and this is the only way I know of which can result in positive action.

__________________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

BONUS is always appreciated

That is the only way I get paid

_____________________________________________________________

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Andrea,

I was hoping you would have some information that I didn't already know. Since I already know and have done what you suggested, I feel that your information is NOT useful to me. Therefore, I thank you for your time but must decline your answer...in otherwords, I am NOT satisfied with your answer.

Thanks but NO thanks. Cheryl

I am sorry that you feel that way. If you do not tell me what you know, I have no way of knowing and still have expended time and effort in answering your question. The experts here at JustAnswer work on the Honor system and hope that the customer does the same. However, I can see that it does not always work that way.

God bless you and I wish you the best