Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

How do I find an attorney or agent who can negotiate a contract

Customer Question

How do I find an attorney or agent who can negotiate a contract between a software developer (me) and a software company, such as Microsoft?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
You want to look for an attorney who does intellectual property law. There are a number of good ones spread around the country, although most seem to be in Austin, Tx., California, and Washington State. You can find one by going to www.avvo.com and looking for the practice area of intellectual property and pick one that has 6 stars or above.

<br><br>Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.<br><br>

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do any of the I.P. attorneys also function something as a literary agent does: have contacts at software companies and find out which companies could be interested in my software under development? How do I get software companies to look at my software?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Most of them are just concerned with the contract themselves, not with acting as agents but there is no reason they couldn't. I would look for an IP lawyer in Washington for what you are looking for and just send a host of emails and wait to see what you hear.