JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

A friend of mine and I had moves some of his belongings (furanture

A friend of mine and I had moves some of his belongings (furanture and other house hold goods). There is no written agreement for how long or how much it would be. I have had it in storage for several years without asking for payment for storage etc.

Now I am wanting him to move his stuff out of my house by the end of the 2010 year with him patching up any dings he may put in the wall, with at least a weeks notice, and not when i have guests or am not able to do so.

What do i legally have to do to protect myself from any possible reprocustions?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

What kind of repercussions are you concerned about?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Any possible court aspects.

He has also shown signs of prefering that I work a time out with the person that has a truck he has to work with rather than take the time (himself) to be the go between.

From the facts that you've described, so long as there is an agreement as to when the move-out is going to take place, there should not be an issue.

From the facts that you've described, I cannot foresee what he would sue you over. Afterall, you're the one who's been doing the favor for him by storing the materials. And, you're giving him plenty of reasonable notice to move it out.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience: Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your help.