Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

My dad was diagnosed with a tumor in the upper part of his

My dad was diagnosed with a tumor in the upper part of his spine in early April and was told by a surgeon he needed it removed immediately. He went for pre-op on April 21 and surgery was scheduled for April 26. His cardiologist said he would not allow him to have the surgery until he had a stress test. Then he was to have a heart cautherization, but the thyroid specialist would not allow this until the thyroid problem was resolved. The tumor continues to grow around the spinal column and paralyzed both arms, hands, legs, feet, and affected his bodily functions. Then the cardiologist gives his ok for the surgery to remove the tumor, having done nothing about his heart. Do we have grounds to file a law suit?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You want to locate local personal injury lawyer here and have this reviewed here.These are contingent fee cases so they will order and review files and have medical review here.You may well have case for failure to treat and/or mis diagnosis.You would not pay here unless there is recovery.

Lawyer consult for free

Edited by RayAnswers on 8/1/2010 at 2:32 AM EST