legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas
4622441

NYS My husband is an addictic who went into a veterans rehab

NYS: My husband is an addictic who went into a veterans rehab dom back in 12/09 for six months. He went on a alcholo/drug vacation 24 hrs after completing the program. I have not since him since.He recently contacted to inform me he is in Florida. I informed him I want a divorce. He will not response. In Dec. 2009 he gave me the house . The deed is now in my name. Also, We written up separation paper stating he does not want anything from me. It clearly states he does not want my Retirement/pension, house or finance from me Will I have to wait the year or can I file now.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
Yes you can file for divorce now on the grounds of abandonment. You do not have to have to wait for one year.