Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

To Whom it may concern, I have a question about inheritance

Customer Question

To Whom it may concern,

I have a question about inheritance law and what I am entitled to. I am 27 years old and just recently found out who my biological father was. He was a very wealthy business owner who died 11 years ago and his wife died 2 years ago. He has 3 other children that he claimed as his own and me and my twin brother who he did not claim. We were the product of an affair. He supported us behind the scenes until his death. I am almost 100% certain that we are not in his will. My question is are me and my brother entitled to any of his estate/business or are we simply out of luck since we were most likely not included in the will.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

To Whom it may concern, I have a question about inheritance law and what I am entitled to. I am 27 years old and just recently found out who my biological father was. He was a very wealthy business owner who died 11 years ago and his wife died 2 years ago. He has 3 other children that he claimed as his own and me and my twin brother who he did not claim. We were the product of an affair. He supported us behind the scenes until his death. I am almost 100% certain that we are not in his will. My question is are me and my brother entitled to any of his estate/business or are we simply out of luck since we were most likely not included in the will.

Response: The later. You would be out of luck if you are not included in the Will since your father was aware of your existence before he died. Thus, the presumption is that you and your twin brother were intentionally omitted from the Will.