Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

i parked a car in a paid parking lot, received a ticket, and

Customer Question

i parked a car in a paid parking lot, received a ticket, and left to go shopping. When I returned the attendant rushed to the car, started it and was ready to pull it out. I told him I would move the car, he started to step out, but left the car in gear. As he was half in and out the car rolled forward into a lane hitting a car while he tried to get the brakes on. The company claims to be "self-insured" and I finally got the license of the attendant. Who is at fault and will I (the owner of the vehicle but not behind the wheel at the time of the incident) be charged with 51% fault and receive a "point" if any?_Will I be assigned that dreaded "point" with my insurance company?
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 6 years ago.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your legal problem today.

Before I Answer, I would like you to know that everything posted here will be freely accessible to the public, as this is the nature of the internet. Would you like me to proceed?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you include names?

All that is included is what you and I post. You should leave out any personal information, as will I.

I have been called away from my computer. If you would like me to proceed, I will get you an Answer later on tonight.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will think about it and resend my information at that time. Thanks anyway.