Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I live in the state of arizona, my mother died 9 years ago,

I live in the state of arizona, my mother died 9 years ago, I am executor of her will, we never had a probate. The will states any thing she had to be divided between her six children. The only thing my mother had was a small piece of land in Flordia, which wasn't worth much at the time, the value did increase and then plummeted again. I have been paying the taxes, and mowing and storm water fees for the last nine years. I as well as my brothers and sisters would like to sell this land. I am told I need a letter of testamentary. How do I get a letter of testamentary.

Thanks for you help!
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question

Here is what needs to be done:

Go to the Probate Court in your County and submit the original will for probate; The Probate Clerk will accept the will for probate and will issue to you, as the Executor, "Letters Testamentary" with your name as the Executor. The Letters Testamentary represent your authority to do anything on behalf of the Estate and carry out the decedent's wishes, including selling the Florida property. This will be you legal authority to act on behalf of the estate, put the land up for sale and sign the deed as soon as you find a purchaser. Your signature on the deed as Executor that you are signing on behalf of the Estate of the decedent.

___________________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

BONUS is always appreciated

That is the only way I get paid

_________________________________________________________

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR