JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

Im on disability retirement SSDI and disability retirement

I'm on disability retirement: SSDI and disability retirement from the employer, County of Ventura. The County's disability/worker's comp insurer wants me to pay them over $99,000. They originally demanded $108,000, which is more than they even paid me, and my lawyer here wa able to get them to take off about $8000 because they were charging me for the initial month in which they pay nothing, it is a "waiting period." They then sent my letter demanding that I pay them $80,000 in thirty days and $1000 every month or they will send it to "outside collectors." My lawyer here advises bankruptcy. Is there any way to get through this without going bankrupt?
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your circumstances. From the facts that you've described, your attorney has properly explained your options to you. There is no third option.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!