lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

I am the heir of some old equipment and 2 trucks. The will

I am the heir of some old equipment and 2 trucks. The will has not been probated yet. I do have a buyer_for some of the equipment. There is no debts may I sell this before the will is probated.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.

Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable. Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged.

Are their other heirs? Are their titles to the trucks that will need to be transferred. Are you the personal representative of the estate.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am the only heir. my question was on the equipment not the trucks
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
If you are the only heir and you are the personal representative of the estate then you can sell the equipment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am not the personal reprsentative only the heir, should i not sell the equipment?
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Are you going to open probate? Why are you not going to be the personal representative? If there are no debts and you are the only heir then there is no problem in selling the equipment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There is a independent executor of the will, is this the same as a peronal representative? May I still sell equipment before the will is probated?

Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
If there is someone else that is the executor only that person has the right to sell the equipment. They will have to sign the bill of sale.