Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Que es una carta de sostenimiento, y que son las consequen

Que es una carta de sostenimiento, y que son las consequencias?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
¿Usted está intentando escribir una letra de la ayuda? ¿Para qué y para quién? ¿Puede usted escribir en inglés él haría cosas más fáciles?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My husbands brother in law is asking for a letter for his son to get his immigration papers because they don't have enough income. They brought the I-864A form for us to sign, but we do not want to sign the form. So what is the difference between this form and a letter?
The I-864A is an affidavit swearing that you would provide support for the incoming alien. This would obligate you to support that person, which is likely why you do not want to sign the Affidavit. If they obtain any government benefits then you could be obligated to reimburse those benefits.

A letter of support is merely agreeing to help provide for the immigrant, it does not carry the weight of the Affidavit and is not a promise to reimburse the government for any assistance. The letter discusses how you may provide a place to live or some assistance for support, but it is not a sworn promise and would not be binding which is why Immigration does not consider them as they would the Affidavit.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.