Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years. General Practice, Labor/Employment, PI, WC, Criminal, Family.
9112957

I bought and paid for 26 dogs to start a kennel in az. from

I bought and paid for 26 dogs to start a kennel in az. from xxxxx in bunkerhill,wv. I have been waiting for for over 6 months to get paper work for the regerstration on the dogs and as of now I have not been able to get the paper work or even an awnser as to why not. how do I legaley push to get paper work....xxxxxxxx

It is most common when dogs are sold that the owner give the buyer the paperwork for registration at the time of sale. That this did not happen when you bought the dogs is unusual and somewhat suspicious.

It is time to talk to an attorney in West Virginia. Repeatedly calling someone who is unresponsive may be harassment. Filing suit is not harassment. Having an attorney sending a demand for action or else suit will be filed is not harassment (most cases are settled without going to trial). You would want an attorney who does contracts and business law. And you need the attorney to be in West Virginia as that is where you will be filing suit if the kennel owner does not give you the registration paperwork.

There are other things you can do to investigate the situation. Assuming the dogs are supposed to be registered by the AKC, you may contact the AKC. If the dogs were to be registered by some other registry, you would want to contact that registry. The idea is to be certain that the kennel's dogs are actually REGISTERABLE. If the dogs are not registerable, then it is possible that the kennel owner is not only civilly liable to you but also possibly committed criminal fraud. Also, if the dogs are registerable, it may be possible for you to get some assistance from the registry.

I will be happy to clarify my answer if you need me to do so.

If not, please click ACCEPT. I do not get paid for my work unless you click ACCEPT. Like you, I cannot work for free.

Your positive feedback wins me points and costs you but a moment of time. A "bonus" awards me for an especially good job.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "For Cowgirl Lawyer."

Good luck and best wishes!

Cowgirl Lawyer

IMPORTANT: I am not your attorney, and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights. My function here is to provide education to the public so that people can understand the law. If you accept my answer, you are accepting educational information. Please remember that this is a public forum. Anything you discuss here is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Do not take any action or fail to take action based upon our discussion here. I am an experienced attorney licensed in Illinois, but I do not hold myself out as an "expert" in any area of law (Illinois does not recognize such attorney specializations). Any representation to the contrary by JustAnswer is in error. You should consult with an attorney in your area for specific advice relevant to your situation.