Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

what happens if i miss a probation appointment because of an

what happens if i miss a probation appointment because of an important doctors appointment,and i can provide a note to verify do i shorten my probation??

Dear JACUSTOMER - There seems to be two questions here. One is what happens if you miss your appointment and two is how to shorten your probation. I can easily tell you that missing an appointment is NOT a way to shorten your probation unless you mean having it revoked.

Generally if you have a valid medical reason for missing an appointment there are no serious consequences but it would be better to call the PO ahead of time to let he or she know that the appointment was going to be missed unless this was an emergency. If you had a medical appointment you knew about then you could have easily made a phone call.

As for shortening your probation you will have to file a motion with the court and ask the judge if he or she will consider lessening the length of time.

Dave Kennett

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do i need a lawyer to file a motion to shorten my probation??

You are permitted to represent your self but having a lawyer would be a better idea.