Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My son borrowed his brother in laws car without his permission,

My son borrowed his brother in laws car without his permission, got into an accident, some damages did occurred to another persons vehicle, no one was hurt, my son in laws car was totaled. My son got arrested, charged with DWI and was jailed. He was bonded out only after we found that my son had 2 other warrents. Since then my son in law has filed theft charges against my son. Should my son voluntarily turn himself into where my son in law filed the charges or what should he do?

These warrants are never going to go away. So, your son is going to have to face them some day.

My suggestion is that your son consult a local criminal defense attorney and negotiate a deal for him to turn himself in and be allowed to bond back out.

If all of the charges are misdemeanors, he should be allowed to bond out. Also, the attorney can work with the prosecutor to get the best deal for your son in terms of punishment, and hopefully keep him out of jail.