Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have a protective order against my husband who is now incarcerated

I have a protective order against my husband who is now incarcerated for breaking it. When he gets out would I be justified in using lethal force with a handgun if he breaks into my house and tears down the bedroom door to come at me.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

You have a right to use reasonable force to protect yourself against an aggressor. The problem is what does reasonable force mean? This is a somewhat subjective issue because a court will determine whether the force was reasonable or whether lesser force can be used.

It's always best not to use deadly force. However, if you have no other choice, you have to do what you have to do.