Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

i had a retail store that closed the attorney generals office

i had a retail store that closed the attorney generals office represented 25 customers who accepted a settlemant by the state they were listed in the restatution now some are not happy with the settlement and have filed lawsuites against me after accepting part of the restatution claming it was not enough money can they do this if yes why did I settle with the state?

If you settled all claims with these people, any and all claims should be barred, thereby preventing them from filing any new lawsuits. You will need to look at the settlement agreements and make sure they say that all claims are being settled in exchange for the monetary payment.

If the settlement agreement says this, you should file motions to dismiss these cases based on res judicata and the fact that you've settled these claims.

It sounds like they're trying to get two bites at the apple, which a court is not going to allow.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Im getting the settlement now and going to read it please stand by
I'll be here.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Adam the state of illinois have and i have entered into a final judgement and consent decree by the court upon receipt restitution shall be disbursed equally to the named consumers the are listed in the agreement Thank you for your answer I will release the funds thank You!
Ok. But, you need to make sure that the settlement agreement says that the alleged victims waive their right to sue by accepting the settlement proceeds.