Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

use my personal computer at work because my employer does not

use my personal computer at work because my employer does not have enough computers. I was terminated for questioning when I was not paid for the overtime hours that I worked. My former employer is now threatening me with legal action because I deleted all of the files form the PERSONAL computer and do not have them to give to him.

Does my employer have any rites to the information on My personal computer that I used for work? He has said he will not give me my last pay check, who do I contact about that part?

Any business information would have to be removed from the computer to protect trade secrets, etc. However, because that's your personal computer, this would be the extent of the employer's right.

If the employer will not pay you your last paycheck, you should file a wage claim with the state department of labor. Also, if you were retaliated against, you have a right to file a complaint with the EEOC (www.eeoc.gov).